Saturday, March 3, 2007

The baby shower is done!

I did it! We got up early this AM, Daniel went off to men's group at church, and I headed to the grocery store. Bought lots of fruits and veggies, then spent the next hours washing and cutting. When he got home, we went and got the cake and more veggies. Everything got transported to the shower fine, and a few other people got there early and helped me set up. They were lifesavers. We ended up with probably about 25 people there- so a very good turnout. I think the mom was pleased. After an hour of socializing, we played the games and she opened gifts. And opened, and opened! I don't know how they're going to get it all home. And the cake was really tasty- my husband did a good job of choosing the bakery and the cake design.

I am completely worn out now- I've been on my feet since about 7:30 this morning. But everything went well and everyone had a good time, and that's what matters.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yay!!!! You did it! 25?! That's huge! What a way to break yourself into shower hosting!

So what games did you choose? Did you make punch?

I NEED DETAILS!!! I'm like that. :)

Seriously, though. Congrats to you. I'm so happy it went well and that you feel so great.