Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tuesday morning

No brilliant subject line there, sorry.

So, I'm in a good mood this morning! It's such a nice feeling! Just sitting here alone in the office, wondering if the FedEx guy is going to arrive soon with the documents that were supposed to be sent to me from our other office. I hope so, because when the documents come, I will have mindless busy work to do, which makes me very very happy. I've spent most of the last 3 work days reading long articles about arsenic toxicity, so my brain needs a break.

Speaking of work, please, someone explain to me why my male co-workers, when refilling the paper tray on the copier, just put in a small stack of paper? If you fill it up all the way, then you don't have to refill it again so soon... just a thought.

The baby shower plans are coming along. Except for the total lack of RSVPs. The mom has told me that she's not worried, that God will make sure the right people come. Which I agree with, but I'd still like to know how many chairs to set up that afternoon. But the games have been planned (and changed and replanned), food is also planned and will be made Saturday morning, cake is ordered, cookies will be baked tonight and tomorrow, and decorations have been procured. I think we're going to survive this event after all!

Daniel is gone now until Thursday night. Multiple big meetings at his main office, so he's gone for a day longer than usual. So it's just the cats and I tonight. My current big dilemma is whether to get McDonald's for dinner and skip dessert, or to go to my favorite bakery and get a mini lemon meringue tart, and eat a more sensible dinner. How much do you want to bet that I'll figure out some way to do both?

No comments: