Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Rain, rain, go away

It's the type of Wednesday that makes you want to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over your head. Drizzly, dark and gloomy outside. And it's Wednesday, which in and of itself, is enough reason for a nap.

Unfortunately, that is not on my schedule for today. Busy at work. I had to get here at 6:30 this morning, in order to sufficiently wake up and be semi-intelligent for a 7AM conference call with a client. Nothing like talking to lawyers at 7AM. And they were on the East Coast, so were all chipper and caffeinated. Anyway, the meeting was fine, but I have a bunch of work to do on a report, so that'll keep me busy today and tomorrow, probably.

Yesterday I ended up leaving work early and taking stuff home with me to work on. I've discovered that I'm much more efficient when reading things while on the couch, as opposed to sitting at my desk, for the umpteenth hour on end. I need to remember to take breaks and be nicer to my body, since it is a little busy growing Lucky while I'm working. I did end up getting dessert from the bakery last night, but no McDonald's. Ate mac and cheese instead. Which may actually be less healthy. Tonight is night #2 of being home alone- I need to call my grandmother and bake cookies for the baby shower on Saturday. Hopefully I'll have the energy to do those things by the time evening rolls around.

No comments: