Friday, December 29, 2006

A long weekend ahead

I'm sitting at work this morning, practically counting the minutes until I get to go meet my husband for lunch. He took today off work (a miracle) and I'm leaving early. We need a break. Lots of socializing on the schedule this weekend. It should be a good one.

So, I'm 8 weeks pregnant as of tomorrow. It's still really strange. I'm not excited about the baby yet. Nervous, yes. Hopeful, yes. Excited, no. I havent been sick lately, so honestly I just feel like I'm tired from working too much or sleeping badly. I dont feel pregnant. Which makes it hard to be excited about a baby possibly coming in 32 weeks. And I think the fear of something happening to this baby also is really overwhelming.

But this weekend I'm going to try to not worry. I've been trying to focus on the verse from the Bible (Phil 4:6) that says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I am thankful for the blessing of pregnancy and the hope of a child in the summer. And I know God is in control and loves the baby so much more than I ever could. And that gives me some measure of peace.

No comments: